April 2016 same-store sales at Uniqlo Japan, part of the Fast Retailing Group, increased by 1.3 percent year on year while sales at its own stores increased by 1 percent. The company said, total sales including online sales increased by 2.3 percent during the month under review.

It added that same-store sales rose year on year in April with higher temperatures through mid-month boosting sales of items featured in its latest advertising campaigns.

The company also informed that seven stores were forced to close temporarily due to damage following the April 14 Kumamoto earthquake. Two of those stores had managed to reopen for business by the end of April. Five existing stores suffered earthquake damage. Of those five, four stores, which had been unable to operate for over a week, were removed from the same-store total before the month's data were calculated. The company opened eight new stores during April 2016.

 

Related news

 

MORE NEWS

 

Latest jobs

 

MOST READ